Logging in with a Passcode
To use bypass codes to authenticate, follow these steps:
- Log in to your CalNet account with your usual credentials (ex: https://bpr.calnet.berkeley.edu/account-manager/login/auth).
- Once the Duo screen is prompted, showing your default device choice, select "Other Options" located at the bottom.
- If you are automatically logged in and the 2-Step prompt is bypassed, try either clearing cache/cookies or using an incognito browser.
- Then, select "Bypass code" located toward the bottom of the list of verification devices.
- Enter your code and click verify. You're done! For information on receiving bypass codes, please keep reading!
Get Bypass Codes
Using CalNet Account Manager
We recommend printing bypass codes and storing them in a secure location as soon as you set up 2-Step
You can request passcodes by logging in to the CalNet Account Manager and selecting Get Bypass Codes at the bottom of the Device Control Panel screen.
Note: Passcodes are single-use only; you must enter a new passcode each time you verify. Duo deactivates any old, unused passcodes once you request new ones.
Using Duo Mobile
Open your Duo Mobile App. Click on "CalNet - UC Berkeley". A single-use passcode will display.
Did you know? You can use a passcode from the Duo App to complete the 2-Step on your smart phone from anywhere in the world -- even if you do not have a wifi or cellular connection!