Step Up to Better Security - do the CalNet 2-Step!
What Is 2-Step?
CalNet 2-Step Verification is an added layer of protection for your CalNet account. After you enter your CalNet ID and passphrase, you will be prompted for a second step using a verification device, such as a smartphone. Here’s how it works.
All staff and faculty are required to enroll with 2-Step in two cohorts:
Need help getting set up? Attend a drop-in session.
How Do I Get Started?
Don't have a smartphone? See other options for 2-Step Devices
Need extra help? Come to one of these drop-In sessions.
If you are enrolled in 2-Step, you can enter to win one of four iPads.
Do you think your passphrase alone is enough to keep identity thieves from getting into your account? Think again! You could be at risk of having your passphrase stolen if you:
- click the links in email messages
- download software online
- infrequently change your passphrase
- use the same passphrase for multiple accounts
If an identity thief steals your CalNet ID and passphrase, they can:
- delete your contacts and files
- lurk in your email account to get information about your work
- use your account to get to your personal accounts (bank, credit card, etc.)
- impersonate you to gain access to your contacts’ accounts
- divert your paycheck to themself
Or come to one of these drop-in sessions.