What are the differences between Direct Members and Users with Delegated Access?
- Have administrative access to their CalNet SPAs, including:
- Adding or removing other Direct Members in CalGroups
- Giving access to SPA-affiliated bMail accounts via Delegated Access
- Logging directly into the affiliated bMail account to send email from the SPA.
- Creating a bConnected key to access the affiliated bMail account from a mobile device
- Each CalNet SPA can have any number of Direct Members
- The Department, not a user, owns a SPA
- Users with Delegated Access have limited access rights to the SPA. They:
- Can access the bMail account affiliated with the SPA via their own bMail account.
- Can send email from the SPA-affiliated bMail account.
- Cannot manage membership in CalGroups
- Cannot delegate access to others.
SPA Roles and Access
Set up using SPA Admin tool
|Direct Member||Full access and control of the associated bConnected account.||Can see all bConnected properties||All services that accept a CalNet ID can potentially accept a SPA CalNet ID for authentication.||Yes, To create SPAs and manage membership, use the Special Purpose Accounts Admin App.||Can allow a CalNet ID to have multiple users that can share this SPA CalNet ID with others in their department for authentication purposes. Can anonymously send email directly from the SPA-affiliated bMail account.|
|Delegated access role in bConnected||Limited Access to account. Can not log in directly to the account and can not give any access to others.||Has the ability to view the email account only within their personal bmail account from the pull down menu on the upper right hand side only.||bConnected via their personal bMail only||No||Can read and send email from this account. Emails sent via delegated access show sender "SPA@berkeley.edu (sent by email@example.com)|
For calendar sharing options ,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not possible to share a Calendar with a Delegated Access role.
To create SPAs and manage membership, use the Special Purpose Accounts Admin App.
If you have any questions regarding SPA CalNet IDs, contact email@example.com.