Following these best practices will help you get the most of your CalGroups.
Keep it simple
- Don’t get too elaborate with folder structure (this will become especially important later, when using Active Directory)
- Keep the number of departmental admins to a minimum
- Use descriptive, meaningful names
- Include keywords such as application name, Admin or Access
- Keep it short!
- Groups names are checked for uniqueness against the CalGroups name space, the CalNet namespace, and the AD namespace (LDAP and bConnected both use the CalNet namespace).
- Assign privileges to Admin Privilege groups and not individual people
- Assign appropriate personnel to your Admin Privilege groups
- Limit admin rights to those that are actually required
- Take advantage of auto-deprovisioning features to control access to your app
- Always cross your Ad Hoc group with an official campus group
Request access via a folder space via a Service Request in ServiceNow.
If you have questions about CalGroups, including API questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.