Data in the CalNet Directory is divided into "Organizational Units" (OUs) based on function and/or purpose. An OU is also referred to as a "bucket," "branch," or "node."
The OUs directly beneath the top-level Directory root or suffix entry "dc=berkeley,dc=edu" are:
ADVCON People OU
Click on a branch to learn more about the people and the data contained in that branch, including:
- how data is added to the directory
- what criteria is used to determine how the data is categorized
- how data is represented for that particular population, including affiliation types
- entry examples for that population
- which attributes are public and private
- how grace periods are applied for that population
The campus LDAP Directory pulls information from a variety of authoritative sources. To learn more, visit Data Proprietorship and Privacy.
See LDAP Simplification and Standardization for more information.