Please note that LDAP structure is changing on October 4, 2016. See LDAP Simplification and Standardization for more information.
Data in the CalNet Directory is divided into "Organizational Units" (OUs) based on function and/or purpose. An OU is also referred to as a "bucket," "branch," or "node."
The OUs directly beneath the top-level Directory root or suffix entry "dc=berkeley,dc=edu" are:
Click on a branch to learn more about the people and the data contained in that branch, including:
- how the data added to the directory
- what criteria is used to determine how the data is categorized
- how is data represented for that particular population, including affiliation types
- entry examples for that population
- which attributes are public and private
- how grace periods are applied for that population
The campus LDAP Directory pulls information from a variety of authoritative sources. To learn more, visit Data Proprietorship and Privacy.