Before Enrolling Your Landline
- Have access to a desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection.
- The enrollment process starts from your laptop or desktop computer.
- You can enroll more than one device in the enrollment session.
Add a Device
- Log in to CalNet Account Manager and select Manage 2-Step Verification from the menu on the left. Or click here to navigate directly to it.
- Click Start setup in the Device Control Panel.
(Note: If you’ve already enrolled a primary device, you will be prompted instead to Choose an Authentication Method. Choose Passcode or Duo Push, and perform the appropriate verification actions, which will take you to My Settings and Devices. Then select Add Another Device, which appears as a small link below your current list of devices.)
- Select Landline and click Continue.
- Enter your phone number, including area code. Example: (555) 555-5555. Note: yes, you can use an international number.
- Be sure to click the checkbox <your phone number> This is the correct number when it appears. Click Continue.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully enrolled your landline phone. Now when you log in to campus systems with your CalNet ID, you will be prompted for a second-step verification. Select the appropriate phone from the Device dropdown, and then select Call Me, in the DuoSecurity login. (See How to Do the CalNet 2-Step for more information.)
Be sure to get your backup passcodes! Click here to find out how.