Welcome to UC Berkeley!
How to Create a CalNet ID
- New Undergraduate admits will be provided with a link in CalCentral as part of their admissions process. See http://admissions.berkeley.edu/myapplicationportal for more information.
- Extension students (with the exception of Fall Program for Freshman undergraduates) do not gain CalNet IDs as they are not matriculated students.
- All other new students, including Graduate, Summer Sessions, and Concurrent Enrollment students can click here to create CalNet ID
- Faculty, staff and other affiliates should see Activate CalNet ID
- Guests: see CalNet Sponsored Guests
- Alumni: see atcal.berkeley.edu
Before You Create your CalNet ID
- Before you create your CalNet ID, review:
- After you create your CalNet ID, bConnected will automatically create a bMail address for you using your CalNet ID as the handle of your bMail address. Choose your CalNet ID carefully.
Next, Enroll in 2-Step
All users are required to enroll in CalNet 2-Step after creating new CalNet ID, or activating an existing CalNet ID.