Please note that LDAP structure is changing on October 4, 2016. See LDAP Simplification and Standardization for more information.
- Authoritative Data for Staff
- Types of Employees
- Account Creation - When do records enter LDAP?
- Expiration - When do active staff records expire?
- Grace periods - how long do records remain active after expiration?
- Staff affliations - How to determine if someone is a staff member?
- Public and Private Attributes
- Sample LDAP Entries for Staff
The campus Directory contains records for all active UC Berkeley personnel designated 'active' in the HCM system, including personnel on 'leave' and Emeritus faculty.
The campus Human Capital Management (HCM) system is the authoritative source of all employee data in LDAP. The campus Directory pulls data from HCM nightly.
The CalNet Directory currently supports the following employee "roles":
- Academic Employee
- Employees are added to the Directory the day after they are added the HCM system.
- The Directory will pick up records for staff added to HCM a maximum of 3 month prior to the employee's start date.
- Please note that the Directory does not pick up address information from HCM. Employees must update their own contact information in the Directory, including campus phone number, address, and working title.
An employee's LDAP record expires 24 hours after the job record is terminated in HCM.
Please visit the Grace Periods page for information on how long records remain in ou=people after a record is expired.
- Please see the People OU Affiliations page for information on how to use LDAP affiliations to determine if a someone is an employee.
- The Employee Criteria page also has information on verifying employee status in the Directory.
The CalNet team sets LDAP attributes as public or private in accordance with applicable requirements, such as the Federal Education and Privacy Rights Act (FERPA). Please visit the People Attribute Schema page for a table listing LDAP attributes, the data owner, and whether a particular attribute is public or private.
Many UC Berkeley staff members have additional affiliations with the campus, such as a student or alumni affiliations. Please see the LDAP People Entry Structure page for samples of a person entry with multiple affiliations as well as information on staff address and job appointment sub-entries.